You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-14 07:26:59

Uran.235

3dConnexion Spacenavigator

Hey Archers,

I just bought 3dConnexion's (wonderful) Spacenavigator PE, that you can see here: http://www.3dconnexion.de/ . I want to use it as a replacement for the mouse. The kernel seems to support the input device, but I guess that this is my problem:)! When I plug it in, dmesg tells me:

usb 3-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
usb 3-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
input: 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.1/usb3/3-1/3-1:1.0/input/input8
generic-usb 0003:046D:C626.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Multi-Axis Controller [3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator] on usb-0000:00:1d.1-1/input0

And the device works properly. The only problem is, that I am not able to set the sensitivity.
I decided to install the available open-source-driver from: http://spacenav.sourceforge.net/
The driver seems to work in a way. After installing and starting the open-source-driver I compiled and installed the available GUI and it tells me, that the driver is working fine and I am able to control the built-in LED. BUT when I try to set the sensitivity, nothing happens. The mousepointer still moves very quickly.
I also tried to configure the SpaceNavigator by putting several lines into my xorg.conf :

[from /etc/X11/xorg.conf]

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "ArchLinux"
    Screen      0  "Screen0"
    InputDevice    "keyboard"
    InputDevice    "mouse"
    InputDevice    "synaptics"
    InputDevice "3DMouse" "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "3DMouse"
Driver "evdev"
Option "Name" "3Dconnexion *"
Option "Pass" "3"
Option "Mode" "Relative"
Option "ZRelativeAxisButtons" "Off"
EndSection

, and setting mouse speed using xset m ... , but without success.

I also tried to install the original Linux-driver from the developers website, but I always get an error.. But this does not matter, because I'd like to use the open-source-driver better.

Anyone out here who has got some good ideas concerning this?

Thanks Jan

---

System: ASUS EEE 901 with toofishes Kernel (same problems using the original kernel).

Make me a sandwich! - What? Make it yourself! - sudo make me a sandwich - okay!

Board footer