You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-15 19:32:36

syntax_tn

Dell Studio 1537 (ati card) suspend/resume -> black screen

Dear Forum,

my shiny new Dell Studio 1537 notebook refuses to wake it's display up after suspend to ram. Both pm-suspend and s2ram were tried with different quirks and options (vbe-post, vbe-mode, vbe-save, dpms on etc.), from the tty, no X running. The suspend always works; when resuming, the screen stays black, but i'm able to ctrl-alt-del-reboot the system (pm-suspend.log says everything went fine). I've tried various approaches and scripts i've gathered on the web. with no luck so far.
As black screen on resume seems to be a common problem, i dare to ask: does anyone have a success story with a Dell Studio 1537 notebook? If not, then let the lengthy log-posting and debugging cycle begin.

Many thanks in advance,
.stn

#2 2009-05-16 01:02:45

coolbooks2

Re: Dell Studio 1537 (ati card) suspend/resume -> black screen

I don't own a Dell Studio but my laptop has a ati card and I had a simular problem. The radeon-off quirk in pm-suspend works for me. Did you try that one?

#3 2009-07-04 18:56:01

caminoix
Website

Re: Dell Studio 1537 (ati card) suspend/resume -> black screen

I have a similar problem with 1737.
Currently, the best combination for me is xf86-video-ati and pm-utils with --quirk-radeon-off. The problem is that it freezes on an attempt at shutting down afterwards, and I'm not particularly fond of the artifacts, too.
If you've found a working combination, please please please share it,

Board footer