You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-22 16:29:06

kamiheku

[SOLVED] Disabling "dry" signal (ALSA or JACK)

I'm using VirtualBox to run FL Studio in a virtual Windows box. The problem (ok, not so much of a problem, but an annoyance) is, that I can't seem to find a way to disable the "dry" microphone signal. Probably you don't understand what I mean, so I'll give an example: when using a vocoder type effect, you can still hear the original, unaltered voice "under" the übercool Kraftwerk robot voice, and that is just lame. Still trying to make it clearer: what I'm trying to achieve is the microphone not going straight to the speakers. So, are there any Linux audio gurus out there who can help me?

P.S. Yes, it's a Linux problem, not Windows or VirtualBox one, since I can hear the voice even when VB isn't running.

Last edited by kamiheku (2009-05-24 07:54:35)

"Click clack, clicketyclacketyclick!"
-- IBM Model M

#2 2009-05-22 20:21:00

Teoulas

Re: [SOLVED] Disabling "dry" signal (ALSA or JACK)

Pretty obvious, but did you try muting your microphone playback channel in your mixer applet? Playback/recording controls are separate, and FL studio should still be able to capture your voice.

#3 2009-05-24 07:54:21

kamiheku

Re: [SOLVED] Disabling "dry" signal (ALSA or JACK)

Oh, dang, man... Now I'm embarrassed! That truly was quite obvious, maybe it was too obvious! big_smile Thanks. This one is now [SOLVED]

"Click clack, clicketyclacketyclick!"
-- IBM Model M

Board footer