You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-24 17:17:57

jwmollman

X is freezing and I can't find certain lines to copy from xorg.0.log

I am following the Beginner's Guide and the guide specifically for the ASUS Eee PC 1000HA to get a working install of Arch on my netbook. I have completed the guide for the ASUS, but now I'm following the guide just called Xorg. I'm getting confused because I did something in the Xorg guide and now something in the Beginner's guide breaks. I found that after you have no xorg.conf file, you can create one using the generated file called xorg.0.log, and find the lines that says:

( == ) --- Start of built-in configuration ---

and

( == ) --- End of built-in configuration ---

and add that to my xorg.conf file. Well I can't find those lines. And since I can't find those lines to copy into the xorg.conf file, when I run "startx" it seems to freeze and I can't use my mouse or keyboard. I do have input hotplugging enabled. Does anybody know what I should do to like revert back or something?

Sorry if I haven't given enough criteria.

Last edited by jwmollman (2009-05-24 17:20:23)

#2 2009-05-24 18:56:26

karol
Archivist

Re: X is freezing and I can't find certain lines to copy from xorg.0.log

Try this http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … 84#p557184 for your mouse + kbd problems, but please read the whole topic (ServerLayout vs ServerFlags).

Last edited by karol (2009-05-24 18:59:59)

#3 2009-05-24 20:43:34

leo2501

Re: X is freezing and I can't find certain lines to copy from xorg.0.log

welcome to the wonderful world of xorg 7.4 + intel graphics... and do you a favor, i have an msi wind so same graphics hardware as yours... i tryed EVERYTHING you can find around in forums, irc, mailing lists... tryed from xorg.conf things to kernel things... and i have same problem... X is freezing or locking up the whole computer at start, but when i tryed a live cd of slax, all work wonderful again, so we must stay away from xorg 7.4, im planning to install freebsd and use an old xorg

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Board footer