You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-24 17:20:42

The Avatar of Time

MythTV/Lirc Program Guide & MythVideo Fast Forward/Rewind Issues

Hello All,

I am running MythTV, from the repo, on Arch64.

The issue I am having is with the program guide. While watching TV I use my remote to open the program guide, that works fine, but then when I attempt to scroll through it, or go to a specific channel, the program guide only accepts one input from my remote (ie. I can move forward/up/down/etc. one time and then the guide stops responding to additional button pushes). However, even after it stops responding to the remote I can still navigate the guide just fine with the keyboard. This also happens if I access the program guide from the Manage Recordings screen as well. However the little pop up program guide (the one accessed by pressing info or channel up/down while watching TV) works fine with the remote. As does inputting channel numbers while watching TV.

There are times, which seem completely random (though perhaps more so when I first start MythTV, or MythFrontend rather), that the remote works fine in the guide. However it is far more often that it does not.

This is the only aspect of MythTV that does not work properly with the remote. I'm really at a complete loss as to what could be the issue and I've not yet found any related information on the topic. If I have missed a similar thread or known bug, my apologies.

The remote used to work fine with the guide, though at that time the guide was horribly slow and would freeze up for over a minute. It did that with both the remote and the keyboard though. Now the guide is perfectly responsive to the keyboard, and when the remote works it works fine. I didn't do anything to fix the responsiveness of the guide, apparently an update fixed it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the culprit may be?

Also, in the interest of saving the number of threads out there, when using Myth Video (and the internal player) I get an extremely loud pop from the speakers when fast forwarding or rewinding. Not every time, but some of the time. Muting Myth Video before fast forwarding or rewinding 'fixes' the pop, though I'm sure it still happens. This never happens in the MythTV or recordings areas, only for videos. Also at times hitting rewind will immediately take me back to almost the start of a show, but again only in video. I have thought of just using something other than the internal player, but I like the OSD popup and I haven't wanted to configure lirc for other apps yet (haven't had time rather, though either way I would prefer to use the internal player).

Thanks for any help on this.

Board footer