You are not logged in.

#1 2004-10-07 15:41:30

rex0

Evolution 2.0.1 crash

I'm having a strange problem with evolution 2.0 in that it's crashing on start up. Basically what happened: upgraded from 1.4.6 via a -Syu. Once pacman finished evolution 2.0.1 started, detected my old mail and such, imported them without a hitch and everything worked. I sent and received mail, and used it for the rest of the day. I hadn't installed or changed anything at this point and shut down for the night.  The next day after start up evolution crashes on start up, with a dialogue asking if I'd like to restart and please report the problem.
The only thing being dumped to console is :
asked to activate component_id 'OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Addressbook_Component:2.0'

But from a mailinglist posting that might be normal.

I thought maybe there was a lock fille or something in my .evolution dir, there wasn't. On a whim, I checked my Inbox file, it was zero length now; Same with all of my other mail files.

I'm still searching lists and forums for answers, nothing yet. Next step is to try irc, but has anyone else has this problem?

Also I tried gdb to see if it would show anything, but there were no debugging symbols in evolution. I rebuilt the package with makepkg -n as to not strip the symbols but gdb still complains. Is there something else I need to pass to makepkg to keep the symbols, or enable for evolution?

#2 2004-10-07 16:16:58

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Evolution 2.0.1 crash

When I upgraded from 1.4.6, everything worked fine including my existing mails.

Markku

#3 2004-10-08 21:03:22

rex0

Re: Evolution 2.0.1 crash

me too untill I rebooted.  I don't understand. I've reinstalled all of evolution's packages but it still crashes. I'll probably build a package for 1.4.6 untill I can find a solution somewhere.

Board footer