You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-02 09:44:02

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Wine, Warcraft III, Intel integrated card

Hi all,

Has anyone gotten WC3 in Wine to work on an intel integrated card? Been playing it for ages on my nvidia-based laptop, but trying to get it to run properly on my desktop machine. This machine plays WC3 (opengl mode, as well as directx) well in Windows, but in Wine it runs with weird colours and very low FPS.

Direct rendering is enabled (from glxinfo | grep render), and I can get full compiz effects. My lspci | grep VGA shows:-

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82Q35 Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)

I've heard intel drivers are in a state of flux, would I need legacy? or xf86-video-intel-newest from the AUR? Suggestions appreciated.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer