You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-04 11:26:26

leo2501

xorg alternatives

Well, I tryed EVERYTHING and i can't use the vga output of my netbook with xorg 7.4 + intel drivers (Intel 945 graphics card) so... i saw this, http://www.directfb.org and i wanna know how to use it as xorg replacement, i only need to use the vga output at 1680x1050, to see fullscreen videos using mplayer, and some opengl apps, like stellarium and a couple of emulators/games, so, i read about TinyX too, but not sure how this things work smile

the thing is that if i reboot my netbook with the vga output pluged in, the external lcd gets the output, but in 1024x600 resolution, and it doesn't fit the entire screen... so what i need is

- use the external monitor in 1680x1050 without xorg and watch movies in mplayer with fbdev at fullscreen, don't know it it's possible

- use an xorg replacement such as tinyx or directfb instead of xorg

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

#2 2009-06-04 11:41:01

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: xorg alternatives

For mplayer in fb, try the cvidix output driver. Haven't used it recently myself, but it used to work fine on my old laptop - that's old like ATI Rage 128 is old. smile

#3 2009-06-07 13:57:10

leo2501

Re: xorg alternatives

not on topic, but this is very useful...

hope this helps the ones with an intel graphics card to solve their xorg problems

if you have one or (as my case) ALL this random problems
- non starting X
- random freezing X
- freezing when using VGA output
- freezing when using an opengl app
- random black screen with unresponsive system

[SOLVED] wanna reinstall and keep an older xorg
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … 32#p565132

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Board footer