You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-04 15:15:21

valadil

Awesome on two monitors

Before I ask my question, I should point out that I'm not actually using archlinux and I'm not interested in switching at the moment.  I'm happy with Ubuntu, but their forums are lacking, especially when it comes to foreign and eccentric apps like awesome.  I couldn't find a forum specific for awesome, but google kept bringing up your forums, so here I am.

So, I've been trying out xmonad and awesome lately.  They're pretty similar, but there's one feature in xmonad that I haven't been able to replicate in awesome and that's how multiple desktops/tags are handled on a dual display.  In xmonad, you get 9 desktops.  Mod4-# brings that desktop to whichever screen happens to be active.  awesome gives you 9 tags per screen.  If I have firefox in 0.1, 1.1 may still be empty.  Is there a way to either make the tags universal so they aren't bound to any one screen or to bind each tag to both screens (if I do that would I see the client twice)?  How about some other way to let all my tags exist on any screen? 

Thanks!

Board footer