You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-07 02:40:12

manolos

Gnome - asuseeepc1000 brightness problem, fn sound ctrl problem

hi i have a weird - annoying problem with brightness... whene i shutdown or reboot my netbook i get black screen insted of shutdown list of programs but its shuting down. then the brightness is going to zero and i have to press Fn + F6. then if i dont touch the keyboard or the mouse for 30 seconds the brightness goes down to zero again and whene i move the mouse the brightness is in about 60-70%, not 100% as i set before with Fn +F6... the weird thing is that if i logout and press shutdown then i can see the shutdown list and the brightness will be fine for the next login... hmm

the problem with the sound is that i cant change the volume from Fn + F10, F11, F12... only from alsamixer or volume control. when i shutdown my netbook the settings didnt save and are in default again... i can see the sound icon whene i press Fn + F10, F11, F12 but nothing... mad

no function ither from Fn + F2(bluetooth-network), Fn + F8(powersaving blackscreen). only the suspend is workin (Fn + F1)

thanks for your time and sorry for my english

Last edited by manolos (2009-06-07 02:50:01)

#2 2009-06-07 07:11:36

Riksh

Re: Gnome - asuseeepc1000 brightness problem, fn sound ctrl problem

Do you have eee-control or eeepc-acpi-scripts installed? If not...well that explains the fn issues. Sound control with fn+10,11,11 may not work because of wrong settings in system mixer(master channel should be set to LineOut but I don't remember how to do it in Gnome, sorry). Brightness...hmm...you should try to uncheck "dim display" in gnome powermanager settings. And please show your section "daemons" in rc.conf.
It's only the third day I'm using Arch, so I'm just a noob ))) And sorry for MY bad English )))

Board footer