You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-08 13:41:01

natron
Website

stumpwm-git not building

Hi,  after installing stumpwm on one of my boxes, I decided to go ahead and put it on my day-to-day laptop as well, and ran into a small issue.

I'm using sbcl and the clx and cl-ppcre packages install fine for me, but when PKGBUILDing the stumpwm-git package, things fail.

The problem appears to be related to the June 06 commit (2eae3e6a6356ade7b70d52ed7b1053928d33a1ab) which made a change to the definition of pathname-is-executable-p.  The commit message says that it was made to fix compilation with new SBCLs, I'm running the latest sbcl that pacman installed for me, 1.0.28.  The new pathname-is-executable-p causes sbcl to choke when it is trying to generate the stumpwm.texi file.  To get some idea, of what's happening in the build, you can do this from inside stumpwm-git/src/stumpwm-build:

% sbcl
sbcl> (require 'stumpwm)
sbcl> (load "manual.lisp")
sbcl> (stumpwm::generate-manual) ;; this is the function that build calls to generate stumpwm.texi
sbcl> (stumpwm::generate-function-doc *standard-output* "@@@ pathname-is-executable-p") ;; this is the specific input that is causing the generation to fail

beyond that, I think this is an issue for the stumpwm devs.

As a workaround, I was able to generate stumpwm.texi by checking out the previous commit in the git repo and running stumpwm::generate-manual as above:

in stumpwm-git/src/stumpwm-build:
% git checkout HEAD^

I haven't taken this any further than that yet, but I thought I'd post here in case anyone else had problems.

Board footer