You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-09 02:08:37

jimmy the saint

What is archlinuxfr? How is it different from the standard repos?

A while back I added the archlinuxfr repo as per a tutorial.  I can't remember what the program was but apparently the archlinuxfr repo had it while the standard repos don't.  I googled it, but most of the pages came up French, which happens to be one of the many languages I do not speak.  What exactly is the archlinuxfr repo?  It seems to be popular so I figure there must be some good stuff on it.  Is it similar to the medibuntu repositories?

Thanks

JTS

#2 2009-06-09 02:12:24

CodeBlock
Website

Re: What is archlinuxfr? How is it different from the standard repos?

The ArchLinuxFR repo is a repo maintained by the people who run ArchLinuxFR (which is all French). Most people I've seen, add it for yaourt, an AUR installer.

I'm a block of code, and I approve this message.

#3 2009-06-09 02:19:01

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

archlinuxfr is one of the unofficial user repositories, as opposed to core, extra and community which are the official ones. You can find more unofficial repos here: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Uno … positories

As CodeBlock wrote, most users use archlinuxfr to get yaourt which is not included in the offical repos (but it is available in the AUR).

If you have archlinuxfr enabled and would like to see which packages it contains, you can run this command:

pacman -Sl archlinuxfr

Replace "archlinuxfr" with any other repo that you have enabled to see what that repo contains.

My Arch Linux StuffForum EtiquetteCommunity Ethos - Arch is not for everyone

#4 2009-06-09 03:51:59

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op

Xyne wrote:

archlinuxfr is one of the unofficial user repositories, as opposed to core, extra and community which are the official ones. You can find more unofficial repos here: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Uno … positories

As CodeBlock wrote, most users use archlinuxfr to get yaourt which is not included in the offical repos (but it is available in the AUR).

If you have archlinuxfr enabled and would like to see which packages it contains, you can run this command:

pacman -Sl archlinuxfr

Replace "archlinuxfr" with any other repo that you have enabled to see what that repo contains.

Or you can simply browse it with your favorite ftp app, without having to add it to pacman.conf

Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

Board footer