You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-09 18:33:57

Vasto

[SOLVED]X shows black screen, no x vector, no kbd/mouse, HAL fails to

I can't get X to show the vector X. Ctrl-Alt-Backspace doesn't work, but I can switch to different screens (ctrl-alt-f2) and then back to f1.

I think that it is a problem with HAL, because HAL fails to load. I don't know how to wgetpaste hald, but the thing that I think is causing the issue is:
[W] osspec.c:387: Unable to open /proc/mdstat: No such file or directory

After a bunch of googling, I found out that it has to do with RAID, however my laptop doesn't have raid. One forum suggested that it had something to do with a misconfigured /etc/mkinitcpio.conf file.

If someone could take a look at my file I would appreciate it. This is my first venture into linux that isn't ubuntu.
http://dpaste.com/53364/

Thank you.

Last edited by Vasto (2009-06-11 02:51:47)

#2 2009-06-10 18:56:36

Vasto

Re: [SOLVED]X shows black screen, no x vector, no kbd/mouse, HAL fails to

Update: I managed to get the keyboard and mouse to work by installing xf86-input-keyboard and xf86-input-mouse. I would like to suggest this being added to the wiki (however I don't want to do it myself because I'm not sure if it would be wrong advice taking into consideration my 0 experiance with arch).

Still not working: HAL, and X shows blank screen (aka no x vector)

EDIT: Hal might be working. I went ahead and installed kde. I get an error with one keypress registering as 3 keypresses though.
EDIT:: According to this: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=72836 AllowEmptyInput = False is the cause for the 3:1 keypress. However when I comment it out, I lost mouse functionality. However I installed the synaptic mouse driver and set xorg.conf to use it. Everything now works.
How do I test if HAL is running?

Last edited by Vasto (2009-06-10 21:07:21)

#3 2009-06-11 02:51:14

Vasto

Re: [SOLVED]X shows black screen, no x vector, no kbd/mouse, HAL fails to

Everything is currently working except for wireless which I haven't invested too much time with due to finals.
[SOLVED]

Board footer