You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-10 19:51:26

LeoSolaris

[SOLVED] Wicd stopped liking my hidden network

I am used to having wicd auto connect to my hidden network at home. In fact, I don't have wicd-client autostarted in OB when I startx, I had not needed it in quite a few months except when I travel to other networks.

Now however it shows <hidden> as the name, and when I name my essid and connect, it will connect only if I have not checked the autoconnect box. It says "Bad Password"

Is this an Arch issue, a 'my issue', or should I file a bug report?

(Yes, I know that hiding the essid of my network doesn't really do squat, and this may be the push I need to turn off the hiding. It's already on WPA-2 with a MAC address filter.)

Edit: After a little tinkering, I turned off the hidden essid, and it still will not connect if I check the autoconnect box. In fact, it actually drops the connect the moment I check it, even if it is already connected. Am I missing something here, or is this a new feature?

Edit 2: I wonder if the removal of the hidden ESSID was the actual solve to this.

Last edited by LeoSolaris (2009-06-12 14:11:39)

I keep getting distracted from my webserver project...

huh? oooh...  shiny!

#2 2009-06-11 20:38:48

TheBiNz

Re: [SOLVED] Wicd stopped liking my hidden network

I keep getting disconnected from my wireless network too and get the "bad password" error when trying to reconnect. In order to successfully reconnect I do a the following

"sudo /etc/rc.d/wicd stop"
"killall wicd-client"
"sudo /etc/rc.d/wicd start"
then start "wicd-client"

#3 2009-06-12 14:10:11

LeoSolaris

Re: [SOLVED] Wicd stopped liking my hidden network

Wicd is a strange beast. It seems to have stopped complaining after a few cold boots. I fired it up today, and it worked through it perfectly. It even connected fast enough for openNTP.

I'm going to mark this as [SOLVED] for the time being. It does work, just didn't at first.

I keep getting distracted from my webserver project...

huh? oooh...  shiny!

Board footer