You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-12 09:25:43

Nameless

Bash autocompletion bug

Hello, I am new to Arch, I just installed it a few days ago and I am still in the process of polishing things up.

I have encountered a problem a few times, and I don't know what causes it: at some point, bash's autocompletion places a slash (/) after executable script names, as if they were directories, so when I try to run or edit one, the first time I usually get an error. I then have to do it again and manually delete the trailing slash.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I'd just like to add that it happens with all text files, probably, not just executable scripts.

Last edited by Nameless (2009-06-12 09:33:31)

#2 2009-06-12 10:50:02

moljac024

Re: Bash autocompletion bug

Strange that such a bug would make it through to a release version of bash..... I don't have such problems
How about you post your .bashrc here ? Did you do any tinkering there ? Do you have bash-completion installed ?

Last edited by moljac024 (2009-06-12 10:50:39)

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#3 2009-06-12 11:51:55

Nameless

Re: Bash autocompletion bug

Here is my .bashrc:

# Check for an interactive session
[ -z "$PS1" ] && return

if [ -f ~/.bash_aliases ]; then
        . ~/.bash_aliases   # --> Read bash_aliases, if present.
fi

if [ -f /etc/bash_completion ]; then
        . /etc/bash_completion   # --> Read bash_completion, if present.
fi

#PS1='[\u@\h \W]\$ '
PS1='\[\e[0;31m\]\u \[\e[1;34m\]\w\[\e[0;31m\]\$\[\e[0;37m\] '

However, this problem appeared even before I had bash-completion installed (and also after installing it and source'ing .bashrc), and before I added the .bash_aliases file. It's pretty basic.

Board footer