You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-13 19:55:42

Jonhoo

iwlist finds all other networks than mine

Hello fellow archers!

I've been trying to set up Arch Linux on my laptop for a while now, but am completely stumped at the problem I've encountered.
My laptop is equipped with a Intel PRO/Wireless 5300 AGN draft-n wireless network card, and the drivers install just fine, however, the issue comes when trying to connect to my wireless network.
Upon first boot, I could connect to my network after setting up wpa_supplicant with the relevant info ( My network uses WPA2 - AES, broadcasting SSID, channel 9 ) immediately. I ran `pacman -Syu`, and installed all updates ( this also included an update to wpa_supplicant ). After a subsequent reboot, I went through the exact same procedure again ( only this time I had already set up wpa_supplicant.conf ) with

ifconfig wlan0 up
iwconfig wlan0 essid "<ESSID>"
sleep 10 # Just in case
wpa_supplicant -B -D wext -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

But this time, iwconfig does not associate with my AP.

I tried scanning for networks, and discover that it finds 15 different wireless networks, with all different channels and encryptions, but not mine!

I have tried everything I can think of, but my network does not appear in the scanning list..
The network works just fine on my desktop computer which is also running Arch Linux through a RaLink RT2870 right next to my laptop..

Anyone have any clue what might be going on?
Jon

Last edited by Jonhoo (2009-06-13 22:52:21)

#2 2009-06-19 09:57:47

xenol

Re: iwlist finds all other networks than mine

i had same issue on Intel Wireless 3945/Pro. I couldn't find my own network. However, changing the channel of the network and it worked. Now i can connect to it.

Board footer