You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-14 18:43:06

RobF

How play indiv. tracks from single flac/ape file w/o cue-splitting it?

I have plenty of audio CD's that have been ripped to single flac or ape files, plus cue sheet.  If I wanted to play individual tracks from these CD's, I could of course cue split the single flac or ape file and then open the individual tracks, e.g. with XMMS or Kaffeine.

Is it possible to play individual tracks from these files WITHOUT first having to cue split the file, just using the track info in the cue sheet?  This can be done with foobar2000, running in wine.  If I load the cue sheet in foobar2000, it will open and show the playlist of tracks and allow me to access and play any of the individual tracks.

Is there a music player in Linux that does the same thing?  I tried XMMS, vlc, mplayer, kaffeine, xine.  None of them seem to be able to do this.  What would be the most expeditious way of doing this in Linux, without having to go through the trouble of actually cue splitting each of the original single flac or ape files?

#2 2009-06-16 08:30:16

Rasi
Website

Re: How play indiv. tracks from single flac/ape file w/o cue-splitting it?

RobF wrote:

I have plenty of audio CD's that have been ripped to single flac or ape files, plus cue sheet.  If I wanted to play individual tracks from these CD's, I could of course cue split the single flac or ape file and then open the individual tracks, e.g. with XMMS or Kaffeine.

Is it possible to play individual tracks from these files WITHOUT first having to cue split the file, just using the track info in the cue sheet?  This can be done with foobar2000, running in wine.  If I load the cue sheet in foobar2000, it will open and show the playlist of tracks and allow me to access and play any of the individual tracks.

Is there a music player in Linux that does the same thing?  I tried XMMS, vlc, mplayer, kaffeine, xine.  None of them seem to be able to do this.  What would be the most expeditious way of doing this in Linux, without having to go through the trouble of actually cue splitting each of the original single flac or ape files?

if you embedded the cue sheet into the flac file (flac supports this - use metaflac to to this) mpd supports playing back the individual tracks. also there is a cue plugin for audacious.

Last edited by Rasi (2009-06-16 08:30:29)

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

Board footer