You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-14 19:41:49

hack.augusto

Pacman - segmentation fault - disk usage?

Little story about how it happened:

I've experienced pacman crashing this week. The first time I got de seg fault after a `pacman -Syu` I tryed again with the "--debug" option as told and it just worked, except for a ton of errors about the core packages, then I run `pacman -Syy` to force the reload of my database and run again `pacman --debug -Syu` and the errors where gone, so everything fine, right?

Well, yesterday I was downloading some stuff, and when I copied the file I got somo errors saying my disk was full  - I have a file partition where I download stuff and I copy the file(s) to my home/ to use -, the problem is, conky was saying I hade about 500M of free space, and df -h was saying I had about 300M, weird, so I deleted some stuff that I didn't need and got about 100M of free space back, but today when I was going thru my usual `pacman -Syu` I got the same weird seg fault behavior, it happens some times, anothers it doesn't, and again conky is saying I have free space, and df -h too, this time I didn't copy anything to the partition just deleted the eclipse IDE and pacman worked fine again.

The point of making this topic:

So, I'm wondering if pacman does check if there is free space to download the packages (I did a quick search in the forum and I found people complaining about it too, but they were quit old and the developers said about patches to fix this), and if also checks if there is space left to install the packages because my /var is a diferente partition, and how it does it because it could be using df that says there is free space.

Board footer