You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-15 08:04:43

dragos240

A seggesion for registering for the arch forums.

Many of us refer to archlinux as simply arch, when the regiser asks what distro this forum is about, you have to type archlinux, rather than arch, or arch linux. Is there a way to add muliple correct answers, because it took me  few tries to figure out why it thought I was a bot.

#2 2009-06-15 08:45:58

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: A seggesion for registering for the arch forums.

Just loaded up the reg page to check (forgot what it looked like), and yes its a possible point of confusion. I actually passed it first try I think, hence not noticing it at all.

Perhaps just a simple (don't forget to include the space) at the end would solve the whole issue? If it has a space, it HAS to be arch linux instead of just arch or archlinux, right?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2009-06-15 09:12:42

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Read it carefully, it's a comprehension question.

This is the Archlinux forum. For which Linux distribution is this forum?

The answer is in the question. Sure it might take a couple of attempts to realise that, but it does a brilliant job of keeping the bots out.

James

#4 2009-06-15 09:28:37

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

iphitus wrote:

Read it carefully, it's a comprehension question.

This is the Archlinux forum. For which Linux distribution is this forum?

The answer is in the question. Sure it might take a couple of attempts to realise that, but it does a brilliant job of keeping the bots out.

James

It sure was keeping me out when I first tried to register ... and I'm not a bot lol

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

#5 2009-06-15 10:49:11

rson451
Website

archlinux - please read this and this — twice — then ask questions.
--
http://rsontech.net | http://github.com/rson

Board footer