You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-21 15:47:26

Crows

[SOLVED] Mouse/Keyboard glitches

This isn't a life-or-death problem, but it's really bugging me all the same. Ever since I reinstalled Arch my mouse occasionally 'clicks' on it's own when I'm typing - so my cursor will skip around and put my sentence ten lines up (for example). Needless to say, that's annoying. It can happen pretty much randomly, but only seems to do it when I'm typing for a while.

I never used to have this problem with my old install. The only thing I can think of is that evdev is the problem - I had input hotplugging disabled on my last setup. Unfortunately, whenever I try to use X with that disabled my keyboard doesn't work at all (not sure about mouse, I startx to slim) and I have to hard reboot.

So, does anyone know a) why this happens or b) how I can get minus-hotplugging working (without having to hard reboot if it doesn't would be nice).

PS. I've got a Synaptics Touchpad and an evdev logitech mouse. Could be either of them causing this.

Last edited by Crows (2009-06-21 21:51:58)

#2 2009-06-21 15:59:52

cliffbreaker

Re: [SOLVED] Mouse/Keyboard glitches

Well if you really think it's evdev - just disable it in xorg.conf: Your section "Server Flags" should contain following: Section "ServerFlags"
     Option "AutoAddDevices" "False"
     Option "AllowEmptyInput" "False"
   EndSection

But I think you configured evdev wrongly. Just check settings. And don't forget to comment out the lines in xorg.conf related to your mouse and kbd

Last edited by cliffbreaker (2009-06-21 16:01:47)

Windows works in 80 % cases, Linux in 20%, but you can make linux work in other 80% cases whilst you can never make windows work in last 20%

#3 2009-06-21 18:40:35

Crows

Re: [SOLVED] Mouse/Keyboard glitches

I've messed around with evdev. Removed an instance of Macintosh Mouse Emulation that came up and fiddled with options. No mouse/keyboard settings at all in xorg.conf.

Still getting the occasional click when typing. Any suggestions? I don't really want to turn off hotplugging (my mouse works better with it on + the already mentioned doesn't work problem). Could usb autosuspend in modprobe be doing something here?

EDIT - I've done something and it's fixed. One of those HAL settings did the trick it seems.

Last edited by Crows (2009-06-21 21:51:36)

Board footer