You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-21 17:45:09

Makhno

Spellchecker (aspell, I believe) problems

I've just installed Arch for the first time (running fluxbox). Everything has been working great except for one small problem.

Pidgin and Xchat are both underlining every word as if it was spelled incorrectly, and firefox isn't underlining anything.

Anyone know what I can do here?

Thanks,

~Makhno

#2 2009-06-21 18:13:04

pyther
Website

Re: Spellchecker (aspell, I believe) problems

Do you have aspell-en installed?

Website - Blog - arch-home
Arch User since March 2005

#3 2009-06-21 18:42:36

Makhno

Ah yes I do now, and everything seems to work except firefox. But now that I think of it, firefox uses it's own plugins for that, no?

Thank you very much. In my english-centric head I assumed aspell would be configured for english automatically (I had previously made sure that aspell itself was installed).

#4 2009-06-21 18:57:34

Makhno

And now I have firefox fixed as well.

I have a feeling I'll be coming here quite a bit (hopefully not for such simple problems again, I have my pride tongue), so allow me to formally introduce myself.

I go by Makhno (named after the Ukrainian Anarchist, Nestor Makhno, if anyone is interested I'll link a site at the bottom). Linux/GNU is what got me into leftist politics actually big_smile I really wont drag my politics into anything on here, just thought I'd give a bit of an explanation on my name of choice.

I've been using linux for a few years now, but until now I had been sticking with "noob" distros. I thought it was about time to actually learn a thing or two about my system and have a feeling of having control. The documentation for this distro is superb. I was on the fence between arch and gentoo, but the community approach and wiki system pushed me towards arch.

nestormakhno.info

Last edited by Makhno (2009-06-21 18:58:14)

Board footer