You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-24 07:57:44

warnec

[SOLVED]X-fi card and 2.6.30 kernel.

Hi. I've got Creative X-fi Titanium card and used this package:

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=21313

Successfully to install drivers for my card, and it worked flawlessly. Now, after kernel update to 2.6.30-ARCH and after reboot, I am greeted with KDE message saying that KDE detected this device was disconnected and if I want to permanently forget about it (or something like that). And in the list below there were two entries for my x-fi card. I chose no, then I removed ctxfi package from my system, recompiled it from AUR, and rebooted. The same thing. Strange, because now in Shaman, in the files list for ctxfi package, I get two files:

/lib/modules/2.6.30-ARCH/kernel/drivers/ssound/ctxfi.ko
/usr/share/licenses/ctxfi/CEULA

PS.: I thogught that maybe I needed to insert it manually as a kernel module, but I get:

[warnec@chakra ssound]$ sudo insmod ctxfi.ko
Hasło:
insmod: error inserting 'ctxfi.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module

Thanks in advance!

PS.: Solved. NVM, I just needed modprobe to add ctxfi.ko, not insmod wink
I start to feel the Arch vibe - do it yourself, don't ask the others, it's more satisfying wink

Last edited by warnec (2009-06-24 08:01:48)

#2 2009-06-24 14:23:26

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: [SOLVED]X-fi card and 2.6.30 kernel.

Insmod will just load the module you specify while modprobe will take care of loading othe rmodules the specified module might need smile. It's a smart version of insmod, so to say.

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

Board footer