You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-24 21:20:57

perseus

Boot message concerning .conf files. Connection with mkinitcpio.d?

I have not been paying enough attention to kernel development recently, so I apologise in advance for my ignorance and for the less than precise title of this post.

I have just upgraded to 2.6.30.  The boot sequence ends with some message (which I can't find recorded in any logs), about (I think), files not ending in .conf being ignored.  I may be wrong about that, because the message is displayed only for a second or so, and I have not been able to read it.  I don't reboot very often, but I don't recall seeing it before.  I did a little research here and read linopolus' post in this forum, "kernel-2.6.30" which has the line "I upgraded it from 2.6.29 without errors, appended .conf to any files in /etc/mkinitcpio.d/" - which makes me wonder whether I should be doing that.  If I should, I can't find where we have been advised to do so.

At present my /etc/mkinitcpio.d contains the following - example.preset  kernel26-fallback.conf.pacsave  kernel26.kver  kernel26.preset.  What should it contain please? Should files end in .conf now?  If the message I am seeing at the end of boot has nothing to do with this - then can anybody tell me what it does relate to?

Thanks in advance.

#2 2009-06-24 21:33:54

lucke

Re: Boot message concerning .conf files. Connection with mkinitcpio.d?

There's an error message when you have files not ending in ".conf" in /etc/modprobe.d/ and you probably have framebuffer_blacklist.conf.pacsave there.

#3 2009-06-24 21:37:57

perseus

Re: Boot message concerning .conf files. Connection with mkinitcpio.d?

Thanks for the prompt reply lucke.  I do have that file.  I can't reboot at the moment, but I will delete it and check on the reboot tomorrow.

Board footer