You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-02 08:14:00

ProfessorTomoe

Firefox Dialog Resized Itself - How To Fix???

I'm sorry to make a thread out of this, but I can't find anything online that gives me a solution for this problem.  Please offer any help you can for a fellow frustrated Firefox user.

The issue involves the dialog box that pops up when you click on a "download" link (e.g., to download any of the tarballs in the AUR, etc.).  I'm talking about the dialog that says "You have chosen to open file xxx.  What would you like to do?"  I'm normally presented with four options:  open it with an application, save it with DownThemAll, save it with DTA-one-click, or just normally save it.

Up until last night, this dialog was wider than it was tall - wide enough for me to read the directories in the "DTA-one-click" pulldown clearly.  Now, for some completely unknown reason, it has decided to resize its width but leave its height untouched.  In other words, it's narrower than it is tall, and the directories in the aforementioned pulldown all look like "/home/use...oad/temp".  I do not remember doing a single thing that would have prompted this change.

I've tried deleting the localstore.rdf file, resizing the popup dialog and ctrl-clicking on the upper right X to close it, you name it - nothing has worked.  What am I missing here?

PLEASE HELP!!!, and thanks!

#2 2009-07-02 09:40:32

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

Re: Firefox Dialog Resized Itself - How To Fix???

Did you try to resize it manually like you can do to any other window? It works for me.

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

#3 2009-07-02 11:30:00

ProfessorTomoe

Re: Firefox Dialog Resized Itself - How To Fix???

R00KIE wrote:

Did you try to resize it manually like you can do to any other window? It works for me.

I tried that, but the next time the window pops up it's back to the wrong size.

Here's what I'm experiencing, starting with what the dialog used to look like:

dialogright.png

Here's what it now looks like:

dialogwrong.png

What the fark did I do to cause this, and how do I fix it?

Board footer