You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-06 04:59:35

martinmorlot

Acer aspire one config files and essentials..

Hi to all this great community,
So yes I know there is a topic on the aspire one but it like a 100 pages long on the forum.

So I am basically a ubuntu user: who is kind of fed up of the heaviness of the system nowadays.. Specially for a laptop like the aspire one...

I decided therefore to work on all new system which seem pretty good: Arch. I have been working two entire days on it.  So I have the ssd version the A0A110-1531... I had everything working pretty good (openbox tinit trayer conky), and I was following the topics on the wiki on how to configure it and get composite activated and doing a whole bunch, rebooting everyonce a while to apply changes, until i somewhat messed the system up by changing a config file ( which one it is I have no idea)...

What is happening I boot, I get the kernel loading and everything until X starts and then I get black screen it is lit on... I can get back in terminal mode but cant figure out what is wrong...

So i was wondering if any of you could help me?

I was considering doing a reinstall (which I already did once but i did the same mistakes i guess) but if i do i wanna know wich steps on the wiki I am exactly suppose to follow. I would appreciate a whole lot  if some people could give me there configs file. This way i wouldn't mess it up again...
I can try to mount a usb and copy some config files to let you know what they are if needed..

Thanks in advance for your help...

#2 2009-07-06 05:17:39

thayer
Fellow
Website

Re: Acer aspire one config files and essentials..

Sounds like it's a problem with /etc/X11/xorg.conf.  I would go back to the wiki and reset the xorg.conf to the defaults you had when it worked.  That's about all I can suggest however as I don't make use of any compositing, etc.

thayer williams ~ cinderwick.ca

#3 2009-07-06 05:27:56

martinmorlot

actually i did that once and it wasn't it that
however I did found the solution  i just applied the late start of this article, unlike the fast start which was i believe buggy it fixed:

[html]http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Int … _.28KMS.29[/html]

however if you have an aspire one please share your config files with me...

#4 2009-07-06 05:30:41

martinmorlot

do you go to school in vancouver as it says on your blog?
am enrolled at ubc...

Board footer