You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-09 06:38:52

baba

[SOLVED]Making the terminal transparent

I've been wondering recently how do I make my terminal different.  I would like for it to be darker themed and transparent kind like the one in this shot http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/2819/openbox1.jpg to give a visual idea of what I am talking about.  I am a new to arch and just starting to understand how to config files etc. Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Last edited by baba (2009-07-09 07:57:53)

#2 2009-07-09 06:40:45

lifeafter2am

Re: [SOLVED]Making the terminal transparent

Well it depends on the terminal you are using how to make it transparent.  What terminal are you using?  Xterm, RXVT-Unicode, Eterm, aterm?

#binarii @ irc.binarii.net
Matrix Server: https://matrix.binarii.net
-------------
Allan -> ArchBang is not supported because it is stupid.

#3 2009-07-09 06:48:21

baba

lifeafter2am wrote:

Well it depends on the terminal you are using how to make it transparent.  What terminal are you using?  Xterm, RXVT-Unicode, Eterm, aterm?

I am using just the plain Gnome Terminal.  Is there a better one then this? Do others have different benefits such as speed etc?

#4 2009-07-09 07:54:58

sHyLoCk

baba wrote:
lifeafter2am wrote:

I am using just the plain Gnome Terminal.  Is there a better one then this? Do others have different benefits such as speed etc?

You can goto Edit-> Profiles-> appearannce [or something like that] and enable transparency. You can see here for respective sites and read about them and make your choice. Personally I use tilda for a transparent embedded terminal and aterm.

Last edited by sHyLoCk (2009-07-09 07:56:32)

~ Regards,
sHy
ArchBang: Yet another Distro for Allan to break.
Blog | GIT | Forum (。◕‿◕。)

#5 2009-07-09 07:57:40

baba

sHyLoCk wrote:
baba wrote:
lifeafter2am wrote:

You can goto Edit-> Profiles-> appearannce [or something like that] and enable transparency. You can see here for respective sites and read about them and make your choice. Personally I use tilda for a transparent embedded terminal and aterm.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks alot!:D

Board footer