You are not logged in.

#1 2003-06-29 19:12:50

nehsa

Getting flash to work

Hey, flash seems to work correctly unless I goto a site that uses it extensivly.  For instance, disney.com, it'll work until you actually try moving the mouse around, then mozilla/firebird/opera all freeze.  Is there anything you can tweak for flash?  I've tried both the flashplugin available to archlinux and also the flash from macromedia. 

Pressing Ctrl-Alt-F1 shows a few errors:

Symbol __glXActiveScreens from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
Symbol __glXActiveScreens from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/ttfonts, removing from list!
(WW) Open APM failed (/dev/apm_bios) (No such file or directory)

It also kept having to start esd when I went to a page with sound so I tried started esd beforehand:  esd -d /dev/dsp -r 48000 (this seems the best my sound card can handle) and that stopped that message.

Thanks for any help.  Two main issues with switching to linux is getting games.yahoo.com for my wife and disney.com for my son to work.. smile

#2 2003-06-29 21:17:38

dariball
Website

Re: Getting flash to work

i just tried disney.com and games.yahoo.com both work fine for me ....

but both take a lot of cpu time....
hmm, it would be a chance to just recompile firebird on the same machine ...
on such big apps this sometimes helps ...

that's all i can help, sorry

nothing,
maybe I have a perfect signature _someday_

#3 2003-06-30 20:41:15

nehsa

Still doesn't work.  Since the problem also occured with Mozilla and Opera I don't see how it could be a Firebird problem. 

Could it have anything to do with my sound? 

esd -d /dev/dsp -r 48000

This is what happens, when I first goto disney.com it'll bring up the flash page, when I move my mouse over the flash it'll pop up and make the normal noise just like Windows, then everything freezes.  I have to goto a prompt and type

killall mozilla-bin

just to get back to the desktop. 

I've tried being sneaky and moving the mouse around the page so it doesn't touch any of the flash then clicking really fast on the one I want, this gets me slightly farther, it'll start loading the next page but then freezes on that page.

#4 2003-07-01 19:29:56

nehsa

I got so fustrated last night that I installed Mandrake just to see if the flash would work correctly, it did.. smile  So, I cp the libnullplugin.so and overwrote the one that comes with Mozilla and now flash works perfect in Archlinux.  I didn't even think to check if they were different but something must have changed..

#5 2003-07-01 20:00:19

dariball
Website

hehe quite cool ....

nothing,
maybe I have a perfect signature _someday_

Board footer