You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-09 20:18:33

skippy

arch installer screen resolution

Hey,

OK, I've downloaded the FTP.iso, the Core.iso, and the isolinux.iso.  All three LiveCD's fail to setup the Arch  installer resolution correctly.  The 2-year old Arch LiveCD sets the resolution correctly but will not connect to any ftp site (although it says network configured correctly). I've attempted to reset grub to a usable screen resolution without any success.
I've had a working arch installation on another computer for nearly two years without any total breakdowns. I have at least 10 different linux iso's that will setup the screen resolution without any problems. I managed to install Debian Lenny to a different partition on this computer without issues with screen resolution. How come you can't get this right?

#2 2009-07-09 21:33:38

djszapi
Website

Re: arch installer screen resolution

what's the error message ? What kernel version do you use ? which vga card ? which driver ? what's in your /etc/X11/xorg.conf ?

Did you followed the describtion on archwiki?

#3 2009-07-10 13:18:10

skippy

Re: arch installer screen resolution

Please reread my message! The INSTALLER does NOT set  the screen resolution correctly.  Therefore I can't see the screen to install, so I don't have an error message, I don't have a working or non-working Xorg config.  The ISO's were downloaded this past weekend, I assume they are the latest..  If I can't INSTALL the core packages, I don't have any drivers or any setup!  The iso's only display the grub menu or the ioslinux menu correctly, as soon as you hit BOOT, the screen resolution goes to REALLY HUGE and scrawls out of sight, I can't see the selections to config the harddrive, config network, select packages, install packages, configure pacman, etc.  The 2-year old ISO sets the installer screens correctly, but won't connect with the FTP sites.  NO INSTALL, NO ARCH!
I have a working Puppy Linux 4.2, Slax 6.1.1, Debian Lenny with SLim and JWM, SLitaz, all set up without screen resolution issues on this computer..  The Fedora 11 installer works fine, and  if I wanted a Gnome desktop with all the rest of their stuff it would be fine.

How to install without using the installer?

Board footer