You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-10 02:33:10

Heayden

Awesome and Shifty

Shifty is an awesome concept and so far I've been loving but I just can't seem to make it work with floating windows. At first I just used the regular awesome package with the awesome3.3 version of shifty from the wiki, http://git.mercenariesguild.net/?p=awes … fty-master but the problem is whenever I switch to a floating layout I can't move or resize a window with my mouse. So I switched to awesome-git and used this version of  shifty [url]http://git.mercenariesguild.net/?p=awes … hifty-next as per this thread[/url]. The mouse works great now with floating windows but my panel as shrunken way down and become super cramped. Both times I used the default rc.lua from the shifty wiki page.

I don't care what version I get it working for, but I was wondering if there was some way to get the mouse bindings to work with Awesome-3.3.1/shifty or get my wibox working with Awesome-git/Shifty-git, that would be awesome as I love the concept of dynamic tagging but would like to use floating windows every now and then. Thanks, Heayden

#2 2009-08-13 15:38:57

hecate

Re: Awesome and Shifty

hi, i just had the same problem here with shifty in awesome  3.3.1-1.

the solution is to add 

-- Placeholder: for end users who want to customize the behavior
-- of new client appearances. 
--
-- Otherwise shifty.lua provides a manage hook already.
--
awful.hooks.manage.register(function (c, startup)
  -- Add mouse bindings
    c:buttons(awful.util.table.join(
        awful.button({ }, 1, function (c) client.focus = c; c:raise() end),
        awful.button({ modkey }, 1, awful.mouse.client.move),
        awful.button({ modkey }, 3, awful.mouse.client.resize)
    ))
end)

like the commentary said shifty already provide the manage register hook but he don t manage the mouse so u can solve your problem by adding mouse management in your rc.lua

Board footer