You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-13 10:23:05

chesterfork

KDEMOD, can't automatic mount internal ntfs - cannot change wallpaper

Hi,
my system is kdemod4 with testing repo (not fro kdemod4):
i've two issue:
the first one is that i cannot change the wallpaper, i can choose what image i want but the background is still blue, like in color setting...

the second issue is that: i've configured hal, and it's working perfectly whit every device i plugin; but if i want to use my two other partitions in my pc, windows 7 and data, i i've to go in dolphin and double click the desired partition. So i have to mount them, but i need them in automout....i followed the same wiki HAL when i isntalled gnome (adn it worked like a charm), instead now in kdemod4 i'm not able to have automount when the system start....

How can i solve??

thanks in advance

#2 2009-07-13 22:50:37

ZeroTruths

Re: KDEMOD, can't automatic mount internal ntfs - cannot change wallpaper

I'm not sure about your KDE issue, as I've never used it, but regarding your automounting issue, have you tried editing your /etc/fstab file?
If it's suppose to already be automounting because of something else, this could be a temporary solution, but if these drives are always going to be mounted, then it might not be a bad idea to just do the automounting through fstab (just be sure to create the target folders first wink )

#3 2009-07-14 21:45:53

chesterfork

Re: KDEMOD, can't automatic mount internal ntfs - cannot change wallpaper

changed back to gnome....(still unsolved!)kdemod not too cute for me wink, but nice good work...

Board footer