You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-17 03:51:41

crouse
Arch Linux f@h Team Member
Website

Anyone use a keyboard+touchpad (not laptop) keyboard ?

Anyone use a keyboard+touchpad (not laptop) keyboard ?

Adesso AKB-420UB SlimTouchPro USB Keyboard
Like these ? http://www.adesso.com/products.asp?cate … ubcatid=18
Similar to a laptop keyboard with the touchpad built in.
I've been looking at these keyboard/touchpad units, but have no experience if they work well with Linux.... a quick google search didn't help much either.
If someone has any experience with this vendor or another that works well, I'd appreciate any insights you might have.  I'm in need of a keyboard with this functionality built in.

#2 2009-07-17 10:42:02

tlvb
Website

Re: Anyone use a keyboard+touchpad (not laptop) keyboard ?

Normally usb keyboards and mice show up as HID devices, which functions are standardised and os neutral, media buttons and such do however not neccesary apply. Since it is a touchpad and not a 'regular' mouse I don't know wether or not this applies. However, it says on the page that glidepoint drivers are needed for advanced touchpad functions which to me would suggest that the basics at least are HID compliant. You might want to look up how well glidepoint devices in general are supported in linux though.

I need a sorted list of all random numbers, so that I can retrieve a suitable one later with a binary search instead of having to iterate through the generation process every time.

#3 2009-07-18 00:53:08

crouse
Website

Thanks for the response, I take it not to many people use these.... wink  (Note they are usually used in a server rack, so that's not too suprising).  I may just have to buy one and test it  out smile  If I do, I'll post my results.

#4 2009-07-18 00:54:02

Peasantoid
Website

Why do you need one? Not enough desk space?

(out of curiosity)

Last edited by Peasantoid (2009-07-18 00:54:19)

#5 2009-07-18 12:54:54

crouse
Website

Pull out server rack tray. Cord attached mice are a pita as there is no space for them really.  This solution would be the kiss setup wink

Board footer