You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-17 08:22:02

stryder

[solved] audacious alternative skin

This is what I get when I issue the command to use the new ui:

$ audacious2 -i newui
Failed to load plugin (/usr/lib/audacious/Input/sid.so): libsidplay.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load plugin (/usr/lib/audacious/Input/cdaudio-ng.so): libcdio_cdda.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load plugin (/usr/lib/audacious/Visualization/projectm-1.0.so): libprojectM.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
audacious2: unable to launch selected interface newui

Launching just audacious2 (without newui) works although I get the same errors as above with the additional

(audacious2:3041): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_x11_atom_to_xatom_for_display: assertion `atom != GDK_NONE' failed

(audacious2:3041): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_x11_atom_to_xatom_for_display: assertion `atom != GDK_NONE' failed

What am I missing? Have reinstalled audacious and audacious-plugins to no avail.

Last edited by stryder (2009-07-17 10:21:44)

#2 2009-07-17 10:21:25

stryder

Re: [solved] audacious alternative skin

OK did several things:

1. I had to move my old audacious folder in ~/.config/audacious. When I ran audacious2 -i list I got nothing at first. After moving, a new audacious folder was created and I got the list (it tells you what ui options you have). Next problem - it needed a playlist to run. So I copied over a playlist from my old folder.

2. It is now called gtkui and not newui. So run audacious2 -i gtkui and it will be OK.

Last edited by stryder (2009-07-17 10:22:44)

Board footer