You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-17 16:58:55

scales

[FIXED] cursor theme changes to ugly theme

Hi all, i am running xfce4 and gdm.  i have set my cursor theme through xfce4's mouse settings app.  this works great except sometimes after an application is clicked or it is waiting for something, it will quickly switch back to the ugly black theme till things are loaded, then switch back to white glass.  During the time that the cursor is dark and ugly, it seems to only be showing the pointer/watch icon.  This leads me to believe that it switches while waiting?  doesnt always do this but it does when i click on terminal from my launcher icon on the panel.  I have also noticed that the cursor will be the black and ugly theme before i login too.

I have tried making this file:
/usr/share/icons/default/index.theme

[icon theme]
Inherits=whiteglass

This helps, the cursor isnt the default black ugly one in gdm, but it still switches when i click on the terminal launcher. 

I have also added the
Xcursor.theme: whiteglass
to my ~/.Xdefaults file but have had no luck.  any one have any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited by scales (2009-07-17 20:12:10)

#2 2009-07-17 18:52:42

thayer
Fellow
Website

Re: [FIXED] cursor theme changes to ugly theme

Sounds like an incomplete theme to me, but I've never used it so I can't say for sure.  Maybe try the DMZ cursor theme (available in the repos) and see if it produces the same glitches.

thayer williams ~ cinderwick.ca

#3 2009-07-17 20:11:34

scales

Re: [FIXED] cursor theme changes to ugly theme

FIXED!

Ok, after setting the xfce mouse settings to "default" and removing the /usr/share/icons/default folder, i kept the ~/.Xdefaults file i made and rebooted.  login screen was plaind ugly black, but once i logged in, problems gone!

Board footer