You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-18 11:00:15

Blayder

QT4, QTDesigner, QMYSQL driver on 2 machines

Just a small problem, that i can't understand:
- I got 2 PCs - my home laptop and PC at work, which i use as SAMBA file server and to experiment with different stuff.

Few monthes ago I started learning QT and had to install QTDesigner via pacman at work. No probs here - all runs perfect, then about a month later i desided to say "farewell" to games and windows and reinstaleed arch(again tongue) on may lappy, installed QTDesigner on it via pacman and all other needed stuff.

Later on in QT i got to the point, where i needed to make connection to MYSQL and do other stuff... And here goes wierd thing:
- On my laptop everything works perfect out of the box: QT and QTDesigner installed via pacman has the "QMYSQL" driver and no problems here;
- At work on my SAMBA machine, where QTDesigner was installed much earlier - there is no "QMYSQL" driver, or it just can't find it... Tried to remove then reinstall both qt and designer - no changes...

Googling over the internet for same problems, i found out, that the reason for is that qt was not compiled with mysql drivers... But then again - why it work on may laptop?
pacman -Qi qt gives same output... libmysqlclient is allso installed...

So either i need to recompile it myself, either it went somewhere wrong with update packages, cause there can't be 2 packages with same versions and namings, but built with different params in pacman...

So - any clues on this issue and tips on where to look in?

Last edited by Blayder (2009-07-18 11:03:30)

#2 2009-08-25 04:11:07

stingray

Re: QT4, QTDesigner, QMYSQL driver on 2 machines

I'm having the same problem here. Missing the "QMYSQL" driver.  I've just been ignoring it, hopping that the latest version of KDE would fix it..., but no luck.  If you figure it out, be sure to post back here. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

Board footer