You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-21 03:52:40

drostin77

Adding a script/conf file to laptop-mode

Hello,  I have arch running on my eee pc 1000he, and for the most part power saving works well.  However, the wiki (http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Asu … 0HE#ACPI_2) states that:

The eeepc "Super Hybrid Engine" as it's known under windows has a significant effect on powersaving. This underclocks the FSB for powersave/overclocks for performance and can be controlled via /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/cpufv which is provided by eeepc_laptop. The following is a laptop-mode configuration for it that controls it automatically.

And provides a script and a .conf file to accomplish this.  I'm wondering if anyone knows how to actually integrate this conf file / script with laptop-mode ?  (i.e. where do I save each file, and what lets laptop-mode know when it should run the script).

p.s. Sorry this seems like a question that should be in a lot of FAQs, but somehow my search words are bad and I'm ending up at the wrong faqs.

#2 2009-07-21 04:12:30

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: Adding a script/conf file to laptop-mode

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2009-07-21 05:11:22

drostin77

Thanks, that does solve my immediate dilemma smile

However, I was actually hoping to use this answer to be able to run any arbitrary script upon switching from AC power to battery power (and vice versa).  Perhaps laptop-mode is not the way to do that (and perhaps it should be a new thread), but do you (or anyone else) happen to know how to have an arbitrary script run upon switching power states?

#4 2009-07-21 16:30:30

anrxc
Website

You can place custom (executable)scripts in the /etc/laptop-mode/batt-stop directory and they will be executed with the argument stop when going to battery power and start when AC is plugged in. For this to be true you have to enable the start-stop-programs module.

You need to install an RTFM interface.

Board footer