You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-23 00:34:02

tkbonito

synaptics scroll [SOLVED]

I just installed the xf86-input-synaptics package. the touchpad works other than the srolling feature. Does anyone know how to enable this? Any help would be much appreciated. The input section of my xorg file looks like this:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier     "Mouse0"
    Driver         "mouse"
    Option         "Protocol" "auto"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

Last edited by tkbonito (2009-07-23 12:37:18)

#2 2009-07-23 01:42:21

majiq

Re: synaptics scroll [SOLVED]

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/FAQ … se_Arch.3F

Arch is targeted at more-advanced GNU/Linux users, but some people feel "Arch is a good place to start". If you are a beginner and want to use Arch, just be warned that you must be willing to learn as well as accept the fact that Arch is largely a do-it-yourself distribution. It is the user who assembles the system, and controls what it will be. Before asking any question, do your own independent research by googling, searching the Wiki, and searching the forum (and reading past FAQs). If you do that, you should be fine. Also know that many people do not want to answer the same basic questions over and over, so you are exposing yourself to that environment. There is a reason these resources were created/made available to you in the first place. Many thousands of volunteered hours have been spent compiling this excellent information. Recommended reading: The Arch Linux Beginners' Guide.

:-(

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Syn … recated.29

#3 2009-07-23 12:26:43

tkbonito

Re: synaptics scroll [SOLVED]

thank you for that link. i didn't see it among the other wiki pages. smile for some reason when i type in synaptic in the archwiki pages it doesnt give results. i assumed it wasn't there.

Last edited by tkbonito (2009-07-23 12:50:15)

Board footer