You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-24 16:47:35

evildrake

[SOLVED] An Ipod shuffle Hell on Arch

Well, first of all, tanks in advance.

I can't sync my Shuffle on arch.
Banshee won't update the database, and pushes the ipod to "recovery mode".
Rhytmbox adds a few songs, but then starts throwing errors.
gtkpod works somewhat but is really a pain to use since ut won't detect some of my library songs and also is sluggish. Also, it will enter the ipod in recovery mode for seemingly no reason.
Amarok and Songbird can't even write on the ipod.
Floola and yamipod can't be launched because they depend in the old libjpeg.

The closest to succeed i've been, is when i manually erased all data in the ipod and recovered it with banshee. It syncd almost 700Mb of music before it crashed and burned, throwing the shuffle into recovery mode.

There is nothing wrong with the hardware, since I can sync with songbird and Itunes on a windows machine with no problem whatsoever. The thing is, i do not have an avaliable windows machine to transfer music that i actually like. So, any ideas will be appreciated.

Last edited by evildrake (2009-07-25 16:22:42)

#2 2009-07-24 19:03:26

djszapi
Website

Re: [SOLVED] An Ipod shuffle Hell on Arch

Did you read these ones?

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/IPod

What version do you use ? Have it worked earlier ?

#3 2009-07-25 16:27:13

evildrake

Re: [SOLVED] An Ipod shuffle Hell on Arch

I tried changing mountpoints, tinkered a while... Then it hit me. It could be not the ipod or the cable, but the usb port. i ran banshee from xterm  waiting for an error to pop and seemingly the problem was that banshee had a communication breakdown with the ipod, pretty randomly. Used another usb port, (one of the onboard ones, not the chassis ones) and is working quite nicely. Thanks for the help, i saw interesting alternatives in the wiki, in case i have future problems.

Board footer