You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-25 16:41:41

acablue

Having trouble installing Koffice from source code

I'm not all that familiar with compiling programs from source code and all that good stuff, but I've done it a few times before. I downloaded Koffice 2.0.1 from the KDE website and it came as a tar.bz2 file. Okay so as I understand it, you're supposed to run

tar xvjf koffice-2.0.1.tar.bz2
cd koffice-2.0.1
./configure
make
make install

All the files extracted but when I go to create the makefile, it gives an error

bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

If I actually open Dolphin and browse the directory extracted from the tarball, there are a bunch of files that end in .make but I don't know what to do with them!! The readme doesn't give any information about this, it doesn't help at all.

#2 2009-07-25 16:58:54

djszapi
Website

Re: Having trouble installing Koffice from source code

Welcome to the forum acablue!

First of all: tar xvjpf koffice-2.0.1.tar.bz2 -> +p switch, but this isn't problem for you, now.
Secondly, you've got a reason to do it manually, but what ? smile It has a good support in Archlinux.

I don't use KDE, but it's sure it has got an INSTALL describtion, or something, if you can't see configure script in it, it can be because of just make && make install neccessary, but in this exact case i don't know.

But here you can see the PKGBUILD and *.install file -> http://repos.archlinux.org/viewvc.cgi/k … xtra-i686/

Hope this helps.

#3 2009-07-25 17:09:23

acablue

Oh thanks. I didn't know Koffice was already in the arch repositories. I just did pacman -S koffice and it installed perfectly! Thanks again.:D

#4 2009-07-25 17:50:13

djszapi
Website

No problem, pacman -Ss pkgname, and http://archlinux.org/packages will be your friend wink

Board footer