You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-26 19:31:07

B0b

bluetooth headset issues

Hi All!

After reading forums and wikis I was able to successfully pair and configure my HP mini and Sony DR-BT22 to work togather. But as usually only partially.
Problem number one:
-- .asoundrc --
pcm.headset {
        type plug
        slave {
                pcm {
                        type bluetooth
                        device "00:1A:80:DF:C2:CF"
                        profile "hifi"
                }
        }
}
-- .asoundrc --
If configured like this I can only listen. So "mplayer -ao alsa:device=headset /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Rear_Left.wav" will say "Rear left" (see Problem number two), but "arecord -D headset qwe.wav" won't record anything but less then a second of nothing.
-- .asoundrc --
pcm.headset {
        type plug
        slave {
                pcm {
                        type bluetooth
                        device "00:1A:80:DF:C2:CF"
                        profile "voice"
                }
        }
}
-- .asoundrc --
If configured with voice profile I can record using arecord and piping it into aplay I can hear what I say, but if I try to run mplayer (see above) - it fails.
So is there a way to either combine these two configurations or make it possible for one configuration to be used for playing and recording?
Problem number two:
When playing anything with mplayer, "Rear Left" for example, I seem to lose first part of the phrase and last part, like I hear only "Ear Lef" or something like that. Probably it is because sound is played before headset wakes up and then it disconnects before the sound is gone. Can it be like this? Is there a way to wake headset up and then maintain this connection so that it doesn't have to reconnect or anything.
bluetoothd configuration is untouched, so not posting it here.
Anybody can help?

Board footer