You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-30 17:35:57

whitebaal

Packages don't install

I'm trying to install the extra packages (like wireless_tools or ndiswrapper) from the live cd. It says I have successfully installed the packages but when I go in Arch, my packages are not installed. My connection is properly configured, there is a transfert when I'm downloading the packages. I had no error during the installation. Any clue?

P.S-Sorry for my bad english : )

#2 2009-07-30 18:17:41

miau

Re: Packages don't install

So you boot with the LiveCD install packages and then restart and load your installed Arch? This would only work if you would chroot in your existing Arch install. You must use pacm to install packages. Start your installed Arch and then use pacman to install packages("pacman -Sy wireless_tools" for the wireless_tools for example). I hope i understood your problem.

Last edited by miau (2009-07-30 18:17:55)

#3 2009-07-30 20:11:14

djszapi
Website

Hello whitebaal!

What's the exact situation ? smile

Do you have a working archlinux system (but in this case do you install from livecd?), or do you try to install packages from extra while installing archlinux system? (but why too ?)

#4 2009-08-05 01:15:52

whitebaal

Well I installed the base system with the Core cd, then, I wanted to install all the packages on the FTP cd to my working Arch. And thats when I got this problem. I'm currently reading the wiki for configuring my network on my laptop so I can't use pacman for the moment.
Sorry for the time, I was working smile

#5 2009-08-05 07:58:07

jelly
Administrator

Well this isnt really the way to do an installation or use ftp or use a core cd.
So you first want to get the wireless working :
Step 1 - read the wiki
Step 2 - look if the driver isnt in the kernel download it ( either using a cable or just the pkg.tar.gz from a mirror or if you have internet with the live cd chroot into the install )
Step 3 - install something to manage wireless : netfcg , ifconfig/iwconfig , wicd, networkmanager or just wpa-supllicant
Step 4 - get your install running and try to connect to the internet

good luck

Board footer