You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-30 21:42:12

keegan

I had the readline issue to start things off

Followed some threads here and was able to get booted back up, found that there were many other messed up libraries.
I got enough going to do a pacman -Syu which told me I needed <2.6.30 for my broadcom-wl wifi module.
So I built the latest, 2.6.30.3 and booted into it. pacman -Syu still tells me i need <2.6.30 and i can uname -a on the next line
and see that I am in fact running 2.6.30.3

So basically I can't run much of anything in 2.6.29, and I can't update or even fix arch's fucked up updates. What's next?

#2 2009-07-31 02:08:19

mcmillan

Re: I had the readline issue to start things off

Did you build a package for the new kernel, or just install it from source? If you didn't build a package there's no way pacman can know that you're booting off a different kernel, which would be what uname -a is telling you.

But your problem is not with the kernel, it's the module that needs to be rebuilt. The reason for the dependency is that the modules get into a folder with the kernel number, when that changes you need to rebuild the module for the new kernel.

Probably should also edit the thread title since it's a kernel/module issue more than readline (even if readline is causing problems because you can't update the kernel)

#3 2009-07-31 06:39:14

wonder
Developer
Website

broadcom-wl is in aur (unsupported) and you have to download a new version of it and recompile it. removing the package, pacman -Syu and installing again should solve the problem

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

#4 2009-07-31 18:40:20

djszapi
Website

Hehe wonder has right, but i think it's more times answered question smile

Board footer