You are not logged in.

#1 2004-10-27 23:22:21

lanrat

noxmms pkgbuild: xmms without gtk for cli use.

This is xmms without gui. Read the comments for additional patches.

noxmms

pkgname=noxmms
pkgver=1.2.7
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Stripped (no GUI), command line version of XMMS"
url="http://xmmsd.sourceforge.net/noxmms/"
depends=('alsa-lib' 'bash' 'esd' 'glib' 'libmikmod' 'libvorbis' 'zlib')
source=(http://xmmsd.sf.net/$pkgname/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz)
md5sums=('e4a3271003e7c2f7580b8400da93a19e')

build() {
    cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver

# dirty hack to make noxmms use its own user's home subdirectory (~/.noxmms)
    # you can have separate settings for xmms and noxmms
    # uncomment next 6 lines if you want it
    # sed -i "s//.xmms//.noxmms/g" $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver/General/ir/ir.c
    # sed -i "s//.xmms//.noxmms/g" $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver/libxmms/configfile.c
    # sed -i "s//.xmms//.noxmms/g" $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver/Output/disk_writer/disk_writer.c
    # sed -i "s//.xmms//.noxmms/g" $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver/Input/cdaudio/cdinfo.c
    # sed -i "s//.xmms//.noxmms/g" $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver/xmms/pluginenum.c
    # sed -i "s//.xmms//.noxmms/g" $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver/xmms/main.c

# gcc syntax error fix
    sed -i "/#ifdef __cplusplus/,/#endif/s/};/}/gi" $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver/libxmms/xmmsctrl.h

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-dev-dsp=/dev/sound/dsp --with-dev-mixer=/dev/sound/mixer --disable-nls
    make || return 1
    make DESTDIR=$startdir/pkg install
}

#2 2004-10-27 23:45:50

dp
Website

Re: noxmms pkgbuild: xmms without gtk for cli use.

can you check, if this stripped version works with  xmms-curses? (xmms-curses is in extra)

and does it also support all plugins that are used by xmms?

if so, then this is a _very_ cool thing (tm)

many thanx to posted this discovery here (i hate gtk1)

EDIT:
maybe a provides=(xmms) is usefull (to be able to have plugins installed without having xmms installed)

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#3 2004-10-28 00:02:55

lanrat

dp wrote:

can you check, if this stripped version works with  xmms-curses? (xmms-curses is in extra)

Of course it works :-) It also works with standard xmms, bmp and all kind of xmms versions AFAIK.

dp wrote:

and does it also support all plugins that are used by xmms?

I don't really know. It may not work with some plugins that use gtk but I'm not sure. It depends how you use it (with or without x) I guess.

dp wrote:

maybe a provides=(xmms) is usefull (to be able to have plugins installed without having xmms installed)

I thought about that but it can also be used together with standard xmms (sharing or not sharing configs - check the sed lines) and I'm not sure what effect wolud it be to have two applications providing both xmms but with different versions and rc files locations  :?: .
So I'm leaving this decision to you :-)

EDIT: I think I'm not too helpful today  roll

#4 2004-10-28 00:26:33

lanrat

BTW xosd package includes a very nice osd plugin for xmms which is worth installing IMO.

If you use it together with lineak or xbindkeys (+some other osd apps) you can forget about switching to xmms or bmp window anymore (there is also a plugin to hide xmms window IIRC - the pkgbuild is somewhere in the forums). You could also combine them with xmms-find and/or xmms-gtk-playlist. A lot of possibilities.

FYI most of xmms plugins should work with bmp-cvs too. You just have to copy/link them from bmp plugin directory to xmms' and enable the plugin (do not attempt to run configuration window from bmp - it will most likely segfault). Then you just have to copy apropriate part of xmms config from ~/.xmms to bmp config in ~/.bmp. BTW latest bmp-cvs packages proved to be very stable on my system - thanks to punkrockguy318.

Board footer