You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-06 12:54:35

bhadotia

[SOLVED]Login manager in KDE 4.3 does not work!

This is a fresh install (just two days old and installed KDEbase just yesterday), and almost everything is working like a charm the only glitch I have experienced till now is that the login manager module in System Settings is not working as it should be. When I click on its button I know that it should normally ask me for my password but it does not do that and therefore when it opens up all the settings are greyed out and thus unchangable . Is this a bug or am I missing something (Anyone else experienced this!)?

Also, although not related to this topic, can somebody tell me where to find the setting for making windows shift to different workspace while dragging them through the edges of the screen. I'm sure I found this setting under Window Behavior>Window Behavior module in Kubuntu but it is nowhere to be found on the Arch KDE.

Last edited by bhadotia (2012-02-16 00:49:32)

#2 2009-08-06 12:56:19

lucke

Re: [SOLVED]Login manager in KDE 4.3 does not work!

Run "kdesu systemsettings" to change the settings of the login manager.

#3 2009-08-06 13:17:20

bhadotia

lucke wrote:

Run "kdesu systemsettings" to change the settings of the login manager.

Well that really did the trick and I had also thought tat something like this would work but should not the system settings module automatically ask you for a password when you click on it as a normal user? Are you also experiencing the same problem? Should one file a bug?

#4 2009-08-06 13:29:15

Skripka

It is an unimplemented feature.  Administrator mode was scheduled to make it into KDE4.3.  They couldn't make the deadline-and now it has been pushed back to 4.4.

#5 2009-08-06 13:40:44

bhadotia

Skripka wrote:

It is an unimplemented feature.  Administrator mode was scheduled to make it into KDE4.3.  They couldn't make the deadline-and now it has been pushed back to 4.4.

So now I get it. I guess it was the patched version in kubuntu which automatically asked for password in KDE 4.2. Anyways thanks for the replies everybody.:D

So can someone now help me with the second question, please:)?

#6 2009-08-09 16:06:51

bhadotia

bhadotia wrote:

Also, although not related to this topic, can somebody tell me where to find the setting for making windows shift to different workspace while dragging them through the edges of the screen. I'm sure I found this setting under Window Behavior>Window Behavior module in Kubuntu but it is nowhere to be found on the Arch KDE.

As nobody answered this question, I guess I'll just mark this thread as solved as even after a lot of search I'm unable to find the preference and so none of the arch users here know about it as well. I think that feature was kubuntu specific and as Arch ships vanilla KDE I think its useless trying to find it here.

Anyways thanks for the help guys big_smile

#7 2009-08-10 19:14:50

bhadotia

I did find an alternative to dragging the windows. The setting exists in Windows Behavior module in System Settings. Under the Titlebar Actions tab Select the 'Move to Previous/Next Desktop' option from the dropdown menu for the 'Titlebar wheel event:' field. Apply the setting and just scroll over the titlebar of any window you want to move to an adjacent desktop to move it there. cool

Board footer