You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-06 15:24:14

jdiez

DSLR Camera remote controller

Hello! This is my first "community contribution".

It is a set of scripts (well, actually two tongue) that control a DSLR Camera (all of those supported by gphoto2). I own a Canon 450D and I find those scripts very useful for remote shooting. Of course, there is much work to be done. I'd really appreciate that you, the Archlinux community send me (jose.manuel.diez at gmail dot com) bugfixes, modifications, new features, or just post them in this thread.

I'll describe briefly the script's installation and usage.

It is really easy to install the script. It comes with a installator, called "install.sh". This script must be run as superuser (sudo). Before you run this script, you must review the config file. It's just 4 lines and very simple to use and understand.

photo_store         /photos
filename_pattern    capture%M%S.cr2
temp                jpg
feh_params        --scale

photo_store: Where the images are downloaded.
filename_pattern: The pattern to follow to save the images. Take a look at man date for a list of dynamic parameters that can be used.
temp: A temporary folder, doesn't matter the name. It will be created under photo_store
feh_params: After a picture is shot, the script opens feh to preview the picture. feh_params will be passed to feh.

Dependencies:
This script depends on:
gphoto2: The main dependency. This application controls the camera via USB.
dcraw: For embebbed thumbnail extracting
feh: Feh is used to preview images.

Usage:
shoot:
You must use this script as superuser (sudo) or it will fail.
Usage: sudo shoot
This script doesn't need any parameter.

shoot_sequence:
You must use this script as superuser (sudo) or it will fail.
Usage: sudo shoot_sequence 1m 5s
Parameters:
The first parameter specifies an interval of time, after this the script will be killed and all instances of feh will also be killed.
The second parameter specifies the time to wait between shoot and shoot.

Download the tar archive from here: http://jdiezlopez.cn/shoot/shoot.tar

I'd like to hear your feedback, it is always appreciated!

PS:
This script is thought for being installed in a netbook, e.g. an Asus EEE, although it can be obviously installed in a regular laptop. I have used this script a few times to shot fireworks.

Last edited by jdiez (2009-08-06 15:29:42)

Board footer