You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-09 10:43:33

simongmzlj

Wine in 32bit chroot, can't run software from mounts

I recently followed the instructions from http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arc … bit_system to setup a 32bit jail in which to setup wine. Its installed and wine functions. Proceeding to install Starcraft, I mounted the iso files I have. I mounted my iso at /mnt/iso, edited the schroot mount script to bind /mnt/iso into the jailed system so it can see it, and added a D drive in winecfg to point to it. However, I can't invoke the installed directly from the command line. Neither of these commands are working:

schroot -p -- wine /mnt/iso/setup.exe
schroot -p -- wine "D:\\setup.exe"

I get no output, no errors that I can tell of, nothing. However, I can start the installer by instead running

schroot -p -- winefile

and running the file from there. I haven't finished installing Starcraft yet, but with issues like this I fear I'll have issues starting the game once its installed. Does anyone have any experience with this or can give me a hand?

#2 2009-08-09 10:49:53

IncredibleLaser

Re: Wine in 32bit chroot, can't run software from mounts

Try to mount the image from inside your chroot. That should work.

#3 2009-08-09 15:42:55

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Wine in 32bit chroot, can't run software from mounts

Take a look at the /etc/schroot files, I know you said you've set the mount script, but in my setup there's two mount scripts, one default and one for your specific 'default parameters' (for the settings you've selected in schroot.conf). Its probably just a configuration error.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer