You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-09 12:03:03

Lonsas

.goutputstream garbage files on cifs mount

The situation: I have a cifs mount and I'm trying to manage files using nautilus and gedit.

The problem: Whenever I try to upload any file it says that the file already exists and by that ask me if I want to replace or skip.
If I choose to replace you can see that the file gets uploaded in nautilus, but then it dissapears from the file list, if you update the list it will appear again but with a hundred files named .goutputstream-XXXXXX.
If I choose skip, an empty file with the name of the file I tried to upload appears.

If I try to create a new file with nautilus a progress bar appears which says preparing, nothing happens on the progress bar and when I cancel there will be thousands of copies of "new file".
Further more... trying to dublicate a file creates the same result, progress bar and then thousands of copies of the file.

And even more... Editing a file with gedit seems fine... until second time that you try to save it. First it says that the file has already been altered (but there is no change if you reload it) and if you choose to save anyway it's fine, but the gedit says it can't create a backup file, but it does create a backup file, but it's empty and there is hundreds of garbage files named gedit-save-XXXXXX.

Using terminal and other editor (nano) creates no problem. I have no clue where to even being troubleshooting...

This is only on a cifs mount, if I use smb:// in nautilus to access the share there is no problem...

Anyone who can help?

Board footer