You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-10 00:33:51

epsilon

Mounting at boot problem

Hello.

I am having an issue when mounting a drive at boot. I have edited my fstab to include three partitions that I want automatically mounted, and they appear to mount fine. However, I notice that when booting I see an error booting the final partition, displaying an ugly error and then a ntfs-3g how-to.

While the other two boot fine, there is nothing I can see that is wrong with the partition, and it mounts when I looked for it--I don't have to do anything. Really, there is no problem except that little error at boot, and it is rather displeasing for me to have (because it would be such a pretty boot sequence, otherwise!).

Is there a common reason this might occur, and yet still mount properly? I have included my fstab configuration file, although I believe it to be correct. Please note that I all the drives I am speaking of are NTFS, and that is at the final partition, /dev/sdc1, that boots. And again, everything functions correctly other than the error, there are no hiccups otherwise when browsing the partition.

http://pastebin.com/m665e339d

I did not feel this was appropriate for any other section, but I am a bit of a beginner at configuring Arch, so please excuse me if this is, in fact, a common error.

mu @ freenode - Last.fm

#2 2009-08-10 13:37:33

Trent

Re: Mounting at boot problem

FWIW, your /etc/fstab looks great to me.  How are the drives connected (SATA, USB, ...)?

#3 2009-08-10 14:42:28

epsilon

The drive that is "failing" is USB.

mu @ freenode - Last.fm

#4 2009-08-14 03:17:10

epsilon

Okay so it doesn't seem to be mounting properly now at all, though I can use "sudo mount -a" and it fixes everything. Is there something I'm overlooking here?

mu @ freenode - Last.fm

#5 2009-08-14 17:52:58

djszapi
Website

Hello epsilon!

In last case, you can take it to your .xinitrc or rc.local, but what's the related output of syslog, when it fails?

Board footer