You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-13 16:52:33

firecat53
Website

[WORKAROUND]Citrix applications - problem with tiling wm (dwm)

Does anyone have experience using Citrix applications within a tiling wm (specifically dwm) environment? My work uses Lotus Notes, and I can access it fine through citrix. The problem is when opening documents with word/excel/powerpoint and then switching tags, those applications disappear (either just get a blue screen or the image of whatever other window was open in that tag. If I stay within a single tag, I can switch applications just fine. This only happens with the M$ apps (Lotus Notes and one other non-M$ app we use are fine with tag switching). It also doesn't matter if I set the citrix windows as floating or tiled -- same behavior.

I know that's a pretty specific problem -- and I can work around it if I move all the other windows (email/internet/chat) I need to look at into the same tag -- but it'd still be nice to be able to use my shiny new dwm as intended smile

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Scott

edit: I just discovered if I hit alt-space, it will give me the windows window menu and i can select restore to toggle the window out of maximized. Apparently as long as its not maximized, it has no problems with the tag shifting. Well, I can live with that, so I'll mark this solved unless someone knows how to make the maximized windows work as well.

Last edited by firecat53 (2009-08-13 17:05:48)

Board footer