You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-13 17:42:18

warnec

GUI program can't find console command

Hi. I've got an Xbox 360, and there is a program called Abgx360:

http://abgx360.net/

For verifying backup copies of X360 games to see if they are safe to play online.

I compiled abgx360 and abgx360gui without problems, but first problem was when konsole told me there are no such commands. I remember doing the same in opensuse and the commands were invoked without any problem. I opened ~/.bashrc and added aliases for abgx360 and abgx360gui to /usr/local/bin/ and try are launched from Konsole no problem now.

But the GUI version creates an xterm window to create the output of the 'abgx360' command, and that is a problem, because after clicking "Launch" a window appears for a very short moment and then disappears.

I had the same problem in opensuse when I compiled the gui version first and tried it, without compiling abgx360 first (I thought GUI version automatically suplies the console command).

That points me to the conclusion that it is caused by abgx360gui not able to invoke 'abgx360' command. Looks like the .bashrc file is only checked by Konsole.

How can I make abgx360gui 'detect' the command ?

PS.: Maybe I could edit the source code of abgx360gui to invoke /usr/local/bin/abgx360, but that've been harder for sure.

#2 2009-08-13 17:46:13

warnec

Re: GUI program can't find console command

Oops! It's on AUR. No idea such a small app would be available... Sorry!

Board footer