You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-15 12:53:10

tazboy78

SVN: Failed to load BDB error after upgrade...

During a recent system upgrade Subversion was upgraded from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4. After the upgrade I couldn't get to the repository through my web server. The log file has this error repeated: Failed to load module for FS type 'bdb'. Using svnadmin and svnlook gave the same errors.

I went back into /var/cache/pacman/pkg and reinstalled 1.6.3. After that everything was working fine.

Can anyone confirm? Should a bug report be opened?

Was this subversion 1.6.4 package compiled without BDB support? Was that intentional or an oversight?

Matthew
Brampton ON

#2 2009-08-16 07:13:30

djszapi
Website

Re: SVN: Failed to load BDB error after upgrade...

Hello tazboy78!

"Was this subversion 1.6.4 package compiled without BDB support? -> You can here the options for configure script.
http://repos.archlinux.org/viewvc.cgi/s … iew=markup

It seems in last case you need for converting bdb to fsfs format with svnadmin e.g.:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn. … nt.migrate

#3 2009-08-16 07:21:40

Allan
Pacman
Website

tazboy78 wrote:

During a recent system upgrade Subversion was upgraded from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4. After the upgrade I couldn't get to the repository through my web server. The log file has this error repeated: Failed to load module for FS type 'bdb'. Using svnadmin and svnlook gave the same errors.

I went back into /var/cache/pacman/pkg and reinstalled 1.6.3. After that everything was working fine.

Can anyone confirm? Should a bug report be opened?

Was this subversion 1.6.4 package compiled without BDB support? Was that intentional or an oversight?

I remember seeing warnings about bdb being not enabled when I was compiling subversion for the ruby-1.9 update so I never uploaded my version and asked the maintainer to look at it.  I guess the same warning was missed when updating to 1.6.4.  File a bug report.

#4 2009-08-17 23:15:23

tazboy78

Allan, I opened bug report 15972.

djszapi, In the past my repository was FSFS, but when I upgraded to subversion 1.6 I had trouble connecting through Apache. Once I converted to BDB all the problems went away. I hesitate to convert it back at this point.

Matthew

Board footer